Weather Trades is the ONLY company in the world that provides YEAR-AHEAD forecasts that can be integrated into trading models and other business applications. Weather Trades provides a complete suite of products and services for commodity traders, energy traders, and the entire agricultural industry. This includes typical short range-forecasting services along with proprietary year-ahead global forecasts and analytical assessments for grains, sugar, energy, and other weather driven commodity markets across the globe
Over the past 10 years Weather Trades has statistically analyzed the impact of weather on 1,000s of seasonal categories, equities and commodities proving that weather is the most significant external factor on sales and commodity prices. Weather Trades has a proven track record demonstrating our accuracy is second to none with over $500 million in ROI to clients and the only company in the world capable of providing actionable and profitable long range strategy recommendations for commodities such as corn, wheat, soybeans, sugar, coffee, cocoa, dairy, energy, etc.
To take full advantage of the commodity markets one must use future weather predictions is to fully understand how a particular product or commodity reacts to the weather, but also factor in how HUMANS and MARKETS react to the weather. Most entities only have the ability to REACT to forecasts and weather-influenced changes in market patterns. Weather Trades dramatically reduces this need to react with the ability to be PROACTIVE with a more accurate long and short term position on how the markets are likely to react BEFORE the changes take place.
It is also important to note that there are times when Weather Trades would not recommend entering a position on a particular commodity as the expected volatility or price movement may not be large enough to warrant the risk, i.e. little weather risk for major price movement.
Weather Trades minimizes financial risks and maximizes financial gains through integration of global year-ahead, short and long range weather models into existing commodity trading algorithms to dramatically enhance the success of trading initiatives for today’s day trading or long term positions.
Specific online reports and web tools include:
Aggregations of hi/lo temperatures, rainfall, snowfall, CDD, and HDD 11-months in advance
- Exportable data available by zip code, city, state, region, nation and custom client geographies which can be added by request for anywhere in the world.
- Online historical data going back to 1993 for thousands of locations all across the world and custom aggregations.
- Data available by day, week, month, season, or year for most variables.
- Visualization tools include charts, tables, calendar views, maps, and exportable Excel/CSV files
- Exportable charts provide a graphical look at how temperatures and precipitation change year-over-year making it quick and easy to pick out the most favorable time periods.
Historical maps back to 1993
- Data available by day, week, or month.
- Variables available for mapping include: hi/low temperatures and differences vs. LY; and total precipitation and changes vs. LY.
Short range forecasts days 1-14 for any geography
- Data available by day or week.
- Variables include: temperatures, wind, humidity, sunshine hours, UV, rain/snow, radar, and several more.
Long range maps are available for 1-11 months out
- Data available by day, week or month.
- Variables include: hi/lo temperatures and differences vs. LY; and total precipitation and changes vs. LY.
- Hundreds of syndicated reports written by our Chief Meteorologist and Business Meteorologists
Historical monthly summary reports for the U.S., U.K., Canada, G-20, and dozens of other countries on demand.
- Weekly summary and 4-week outlook reports for U.S. (4-page report issued every Monday), Canada, U.K. and dozens of other countries on demand.
- Long range forecast reports issued monthly for the next 11-months for the U.S., Canada, U.K. and custom reports on demand for dozens of other countries.
- Time period assessment tools to show how any user-defined forecast compares to the past 20-years
Automated, custom severe weather alerts across any geography
Push data feeds across any geography/timeframe
Analysis of sales data vs. historical weather data to precisely determine weather’s impact on your business
- Demand Planner for your specific product to better time marketing campaigns and improve inventory replenishment systems.